Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the common elements of one-off events and understand how emergencies and disasters should be managed. This course also explored common trends and issues surrounding emergencies and disasters, and how these issues impact the ability of stakeholders to intervene. It also explored the challenges that emergencies create for policymakers and examine how these events are shown to the public.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in Disaster/Emergency Management
- Investigate, interpret and evaluate some of the major trends and issues surrounding emergencies and disasters
- Investigate and interpret the significance of specific issues, such as public profile and presumptions of responsibility, in respect of emergencies and disasters
- Evaluate the implications of such issues for intervention in emergencies and disasters
- Investigate and evaluate how key terms and concepts relevant to emergencies and disasters are an intrinsic part of alternative perspectives on those events, and how these terms and concepts shape intervention
- Trends and issues in emergencies and disasters
- Characteristics of emergencies and disasters such as scale, complexity, and uncertainty
- Presumptions of responsibility for emergencies and disasters, together with their public profile, and the implications for intervention in these events
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: