Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course considered the perceived barriers that mature learners face and potential solutions to those barriers. It outlined the skills needed to develop as a mature student, the support systems that are available and the guidance one can expect when considering an application to higher education.
2 weeks, 4 hours per week
Head of Lifelong Learning,
University of York
- Engage with other mature learners
- Develop a timeline of the history of mature learners
- Evaluate their own barriers to returning to education including, those related to a sense of belonging to an education setting
- Design an action plan to prepare for the skills and support networks learners will need in advance of, and during, their course
- Apply the skills learned to begin making a UCAS application
- Who are mature learners? The history of mature learners
- What is involved in making the decision to return to education – breaking down perceived barriers
- A sense of belonging – the range of support systems available to mature learners such as finance, child care, mature learning networks, academic skills development
- What a mature learner may need to succeed in the learning environment – digital and academic writing skills; finance support; child care support; making a successful UCAS application
Issued on 23rd July 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: