This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course introduced key elements of the Earth's renewable energy sources and technologies.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
The Open University
- Explain some basic energy principles and terminology
- Apply the differences between primary, delivered and useful energy
- Describe the key role of solar energy as the source of most renewable sources
- Demonstrate the principles and technologies underlying key renewable energy technologies: solar thermal, wind and hydro power
- Discuss the contribution renewable energies could make to world energy needs
- Basic energy principles and terminology
- Definitions of renewable energy sources
- Solar radiation & solar thermal energy technologies
- Wind resources & wind energy technologies
- Hydro resources and hydropower technologies
Issued on 28th November 2016
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: