Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced foundational business concepts, tools and terminology whilst exploring four key aspects of business management: managing money, managing people, managing information, and - most importantly – managing and understanding yourself. Throughout the course, participants were encouraged to reflect on their own management and leadership style and consider the concepts of success, sustainability, and social responsibility.
4 weeks, 4 hours per week
Module Leader for Business Management, King's Foundations
King's College London
- Apply a range of business concepts, tools and terminology to common business situations
- Explain the importance of business management for you and your community
- Identify your own skills, interests and ideas, and how you can continue to develop them
- Explore opportunities and challenges of working with others: including collaboration, listening to others, feedback, negotiation
- Explain the important aspects of a business idea to potential customers and investors
- Reflect on what you’ve learnt and how you will apply this now
- Managing yourself: introduction to management and leadership styles.
- Managing money and key financial concepts, including the implications of various sources of finance and the relative importance of cash flow and profit.
- Managing people, stakeholder management and professional communication.
- Managing Information: different information types and key information management issues.
- The roles businesses play in the lives of people and communities, and social responsibility.
- Aspects of growth and the effects of success.
Issued on 23rd October 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: