This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course considered three important aspects of Chinese culture. It discussed how the concept of the ‘noble hero’ is portrayed on cultural and political platforms, examined the tension created by traditional and modern values in landscape art and analysed literature created by marginalised groups.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr Ting Guo
Senior Lecturer in Translation (Chinese)
University of Exeter
- Explore new cultural phenomena and trends emerging in Chinese society
- Develop a more contextualized understanding of Chinese culture
- Discuss the act of stereotyping in Chinese culture
- Reflect on how social and cultural landscapes in China have been changed as China experiences an economy boom
- Assess how digitalization has transformed the expression and representation of Chinese culture.
- Cliché and stereotypes: how to understand contemporary Chinese culture?
- The continuation and gap: the image of the ‘noble hero’ in both artistic and political fields
- The collision and fusion: literature by the marginalised
- The tension and convergence: contemporary Chinese landscape art
Issued on 1st March 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: