Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored the meaning, context and repercussions of cultural appropriation and how creatives can avoid culturally appropriating in their work. The course covered topics including the history of cultural appropriation, philosophical concepts related to it and methods people can use to remove it from their creative work. It also offered actionable solutions companies can use to improve the diversity of their teams and leadership.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
- Assess cultural media and arguments for appropriation.
- Create logical arguments to support your beliefs about cultural appropriation.
- Compare appropriation to appreciation.
- Collaborate with other learners to define your beliefs.
- Critique faulty arguments regarding cultural appropriation.
- A brief history of appropriation.
- Personal stories of success and failure involving appropriation and its effect on specific individuals and communities.
- The work individuals and communities are currently doing to encourage appreciation over appropriation.
- Your opinion and where it sits within a broader context.
- What we can do to progress.
- How to use your understanding to effect change in your work and processes.
Issued on 22nd June 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: