Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course explored the impact of digital technology on our health, relationships and society, and steps we can take to ensure our own digital wellbeing. It investigated new and established technologies and their impact on society, looking at both the positive and negatives.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Teaching and Learning Advisor
University of York
- Engage with some of the current areas of research on digital identity and wellbeing
- Discuss the various facets of digital wellbeing and the associated implications on both a personal and social level
- Identify some of the benefits and risks of engaging in particular online activities with regards to personal wellbeing
- Reflect on personal digital practices and the impact they have on digital identity and wellbeing
- Collaborate in a safe and responsible way in online communities, considering impact on others
- Introduction to the digital society and wellbeing, considering new and established digital technologies, modern culture and trends
- Exploration of digital identity, and the balance of online and offline activities
- Consideration of negative behaviours online, and strategies and approaches for managing them
- Positive uses of technology for our health, society and education.
Issued on 12th August 2023
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: