Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course provided an introduction to CBT with Older People. Week 1 covered normal ageing. Week 2 covered fundamentals of CBT providing a good introduction to the basic knowledge required. Week 3 covered age appropriate approaches to CBT with older people focusing upon new techniques to promote wisdom, resilience and positive psychological growth in older people. You now have contemporary knowledge about ageing and are able to challenge a number of negative age related stereotypes.
3 weeks, 3 hours per week
Professor Ken Laidlaw
Professor of Clinical Psychology
UEA (University of East Anglia)
- Discuss CBT theory and how this is relevant for effective treatment outcome
- Describe normal ageing and how this may be important when using CBT for late life depression and the anxiety disorders
- Develop a working knowledge of the latest evidence on efficacy of CBT with Older People
- Describe an age-appropriate approach to CBT and when it may be used.
- Create a treatment plan for CBT with Older People
- Introduction to CBT, covering the fundamentals of an evidence-based approach to structured psychological therapy for depression and the anxiety disorders.
- Introduction to Ageing. Providing a contemporary account of ageing in the UK and within a modern global approach to ageing. Completing this course students will have a greater appreciation of what is and isn’t normal ageing.
- Introduction to age-appropriate CBT. A modern theory enhanced account of how CBT is different with Older People with a description of some new age-specific cognitive and behavioural interventions.
Issued on 18th August 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: