Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
On this course, you’ve enhanced your understanding of business; improved your skills in entrepreneurship for university study and work; developed yourself as an entrepreneur by learning how to approach key stages and learnt how to apply business concepts and ideas to different contexts.
4 weeks, 4 hours per week
King's College London PhD Business and Management
King's College London
- Explain the different characteristics of an entrepreneur
- Describe how you have come to know yourself better, and the role that you and your enterprise can play in wider society
- Develop ideas from many different sources of inspiration and decide on a suitable idea to take forward to develop for this course
- Improve an entrepreneurial idea to express more detail, including your business structure, target customer, and resource requirements
- Summarise your own vision and mission statement for your enterprise
- Identify how you might raise finance to develop your enterprise and develop your pitching skills to acquire finance and/or sales
- Explore your own action plan for the future, thinking about the importance of short term and longer future planning. Test your idea as a minimum viable product
- Produce your own self-development plan. Recognise, appreciate, and apply many different forms of feedback and resources in your entrepreneurial journey
- How to understand yourself as an entrepreneur, and create a self-development plan
- Sources of business ideas and inspiration
- The business idea and how to develop it, including: the business model canvas; the minimum viable product; the value of having a mentor; resource requirements; raising finance
- Pitching skills and tips; communication and language skills
- The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem, including leadership and management; using feedback for development; family business models; working in a team; customer service; networking’ marketing basics.
- Putting plans into action: the action plan, thinking long term about your enterprise and using resources for continuous development.
Issued on 12th September 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: