Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Raspberry Pi Foundation and National Centre for Computing Education
This course covered how to use Python to write data to and read from external files. Learners discovered different types of structured data, including CSV files, JSON files, Python dictionaries, and SQL databases, and they had a chance to use these data structures in programming activities.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Dr Sue Sentance
Chief Learning Officer
Raspberry Pi Foundation
- Demonstrate how to use Python to store and retrieve persistent data
- Explain the importance of data persistence and describe where it is used
- Compare different types of structured data
- Modify a program to store data in a JSON file
- Perform operations on a database using SQL statements
- Creating, reading from, and writing to files using Python
- The importance of data persistence
- Structuring data using CSV files, Python dictionaries, and JSON files
- How data structures aid compatibility between systems
- Interacting with databases using SQL and Python
Issued on 6th April 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: