This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
University of Leeds and UCL Institute of Education
This online course aimed to help teachers and trainers understand the benefits of blended learning and how to make more effective use of technology to support their learners.
5 weeks, 4 hours per week
Chair of Learning with Digital Technology
UCL Institute of Education
Chair of Educational Technology, Innovation and Change
UCL Institute of Education
- Identify ways in which new technology can contribute to the difficult challenges facing the VET, FE and Skills sector.
- Evaluate the many free or affordable tools now available to enhance teaching and learning.
- Apply your knowledge of blended learning to develop training materials using appropriate technologies.
- Evaluate a variety of effective blended learning approaches and apply the most suitable to your delivery in order to improve the learners' experience and attainment.
- Definitions of blended learning.
- The impact of digital technology on teachers and learners.
- Pedagogical theories and teaching approaches that underpin blended learning, including constructivism, social constructivism, and problem-based learning.
- Digital technologies available to support blended learning in formal and informal learning scenarios.
- The role of Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs) and how to use them effectively for blended learning.
- The role of open tools in blended learning.
- Open educational resources (OERs): what they are, how they can be used, and where to find them.
- Processes for blended learning design, including curriculum and instructional design. The role of the DADDIE model in planning and evaluating blended learning. Story-telling and story-boarding techniques for developing digital learning.
- The role of assessment in the curriculum design process. Different approaches for using technology to support assessment and feedback.
- The benefits and challenges of ‘flipped’ learning. Approaches to designing a flipped lesson.
- Collaboration in blended learning, including the use of discussion forums, synchronous collaboration, and social media.
- How to design and review a blended learning activity.
- The digital skills learners need to equip them for the modern workplace, and how learners can be supported in developing these skills.
- The importance of inclusive teaching practices. The value of making education and training more accessible for learners.
- The demand for flexible learning, and the role of digital technology in making teaching and learning more flexible.
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles. By completing the course the learner has achieved 20 hours of CPD time.
Issued on 12th April 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: