This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
Blended Learning Essentials: Embedding Practice
University of Leeds and UCL Institute of Education
This online course helped teachers and trainers develop their understanding of the optimal use of blended learning and how to embed it in their organisational practice.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Chair of Learning with Digital Technology
UCL Institute of Education
Chair of Educational Technology, Innovation and Change
UCL Institute of Education
- Apply new technologies in courses and learning opportunities to improve learner outcomes.
- Identify ways in which new technology can contribute to solve key challenges in your learning context.
- Develop your own skills further and contribute to the VET sector’s community knowledge of the optimal uses of blended learning.
- Using data from learners to help design more effective blended learning. Examples of how to identify evidence of learning with technology, and how to enhance conventional learning designs with digital technology methods.
- The use of digital tools for sharing learning design ideas and contributing to a community of practice in blended learning design. How to use the online Learning Designer tool to view and edit a shareable learning design.
- The role new technology can play in addressing the key challenges of the VET sector. The extent to which technology can help teachers give learners more and better learning support, while not increasing their workload overall.
- The use of technology to promote independent learning. How to develop and share a blended learning design in Moodle.
- Strategies for reducing the costs of innovation, including through the sharing and re-use of teaching ideas and by means of cross-institutional collaboration.
- How innovative solutions can be developed to match an organisation’s needs and ambitions. The importance of collecting evidence that demonstrates the value of blending learning and considering the views of learners.
- Approaches to analysing the costs and benefits of investing in blended learning. How to use an interactive planning tool, the Course Resource Appraisal Modeller (CRAM), to understand the relationship between the benefits of bringing in new digital pedagogies and the costs of developing and running them.
- Techniques and approaches that can be used to support a culture change towards blended learning within an institution. Examples of good practice in implementing effective change management.
- How to work with colleagues and external organisations to support professional development and embed blended learning practice.
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles. By completing this course the learner has achieved 12 hours of CPD time.
Issued on 10th January 2017
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: