Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This introductory online course explores some of the core financial management principles and skills those new to screen, broadcast and creative business would need to familiarise themselves with.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Head of Screen Business
Australian Film Television and Radio School (AFTRS)
- Identify the basic financial skills relating to the establishment and ongoing maintenance of a company.
- Discuss the basic financial structures supporting an existing company.
- Identify key financial drivers in companies.
- Investigate basic financial spreadsheets.
- Discuss the financial reasoning behind a business proposal or business plan.
- Improve your financial analysis of your own creative proposals.
- Core accounting principles and the language of financing creative projects.
- 3 key financial statements that all investors live by.
HOW DOES MONEY FLOW AROUND A COMPANY?
- ‘The Balancing Act’ of balance sheets.
- Why ‘Cash Flow is King’ and the realm of profit and loss statements.
- ‘Long Live the King’. If you make a profit what can you do with it?
- What are all these taxes?
WHAT IS A COMPANY?
- Business structures and setting up your own creative endeavour.
- Director, shareholder, board, auditors… what do all these people do?
- Working with capital, liabilities and debt.
Get out your toolbox and start analysing!
Issued on 12th April 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: