Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
EIT Food and European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT)
This online course explored the relationship between nutrition, health and sustainability. It covered topics including sustainable nutrition and health, diets and dietary trends, nutrition through life, as well as the relationship between food and disease.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Maarten van der Kamp
Director of Education
- Reflect on the possible causes (biological, social, psychological) of unhealthy eating patterns
- Report which types of foods are essential for health and wellbeing and summarise their important role in treating/preventing disease
- Explain the effects of food on the body, society, and the planet and compare their impacts on healthcare practices
- Assess the current health guidelines and describe how they can be applied to different population groups
- Describe the causes of unsustainable food production and consumption patterns
- Explain the relationship between food, nutrition, diets and human health in the context of sustainability
- Sustainable nutrition and health
- Diets and dietary trends
- Nutrition through life
- The relationship between food and disease
- Non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and eating patterns
In association with
Issued on 7th January 2023
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: