Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
The University of Edinburgh and Learning for Sustainability Scotland
This online course explored key global issues during the 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26). The course covered the broader context of COP26 and other associated frameworks such as COP15 (The UN Convention on Biological Diversity) and the UN Sustainable Development Goals. It also examined local, national, and global perspectives on COP26 through a range of responses to the core themes of the Conference, including artistic and creative insights into complex sustainability themes.
2 weeks, 5 hours per week
Senior Lecturer in Learning for Sustainability
The University of Edinburgh
Professor of Outdoor, Environmental & Sustainability Education, University of Edinburgh and Director,
Learning for Sustainability Scotland
- Investigate the broader context of COP26 and consider other associated frameworks such as COP15 (The UN Convention on Biological Diversity) and the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Consider local, national, and global perspectives on COP26 through a range of responses to the core themes of the Conference.
- Reflect on the work of educators and communities in Scotland who have been engaged in 'COP26 focused' activities.
- Explore a range of artistic and creative responses that offer engaging and alternative ways into the complex themes of COP26.
- Share ideas and inspiration as to how individuals, communities and organisations can take collaborative action for a sustainable future.
- COP26: Setting the Scene.
- Sharing Thinking.
- Working Collaboratively.
- Moving to Action.
- Futures Thinking.
Issued on 24th December 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: