Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored social action as a form of character development, and in particular, the historical and theoretical roots of youth social action and character.
2 weeks, 3 hours per week
Dr. Tom Harrison
Director of Education
University of Birmingham
- Learn what character and youth social action are and why they matter
- Explore the link between character and youth social action through a range of disciplines
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to implement key approaches to developing character in young people through youth social action
- Identify how character virtues are built through youth social action and what the double benefit is
- Reflect on what makes a quality youth social action experience
Week 1: What is character? What is youth social action?
- An introduction to youth social action
- An introduction to character
- Character and youth social action
- Youth social action and social mobility
- Reflection and review
Week 2: A young person’s social action journey
- A school’s perspective
- A young person’s perspective
- A youth social action provider’s perspective
- A college’s perspective
- A university’s perspective
- An employer’s perspective
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: