Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course looked at the recent history of the European Union through the lens of its response to multiple crises. Over the past decade the EU has seen the departure of one member state (Brexit), an economic and financial crisis, a sharp rise in migration, and a threat to democracy and the rule of law in some member states. In addition, it is now faced with the Covid-19 pandemic. This course examined how the EU has managed these crises and learned lessons as it enters a period of reflection.
4 weeks, 4 hours per week
Research Fellow, DCU Brexit Institute Scientific Coordinator, BRIDGE Network, Dublin City University.
Dublin City University
- Identify the most significant events of recent years in the European Union.
- Describe and differentiate between the challenges faced by the EU in recent years.
- Develop tools for analysing the efficacy of the EU crisis response.
- Compare the EU crisis response across different policy areas and across time.
- Assess future paths for the development of EU integration.
- Explain and justify their decision.
- Overview of major issues faced by the EU in recent years
- The first withdrawal of a member state (Brexit)
- The threat to the single currency (Euro Crisis)
- The challenge to the EU’s fundamental values (Rule of Law Crisis)
- The challenge to free movement (Migration)
- COVID-19, Differentiated Governance and the Future of Europe
Issued on 9th May 2021
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: