Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduced the issues of equity within the context of informal STEM learning and provided guidance and practical examples for how to use the Equity Compass framework to reflect on and develop equitable and inclusive practice.
3 weeks, 2 hours per week
Senior Research Fellow (Youth Equity + STEM project)
UCL (University College London)
- Describe key factors influencing inequalities in STEM participation and informal STEM learning
- Explain the difference between equality, equity, social justice
- Describe the components of the Equity Compass
- Apply the Equity Compass to examples from informal STEM learning
- Identify weak and strong examples of equitable practice
- Reflect on and develop your own practice using the Equity Compass
- Why equity is important in the informal STEM learning sector
- Introduction to equity and equality
- How to use the Equity Compass framework for reflecting on and developing practice
- Applying the Equity Compass to case study examples and own practice
Issued on 21st July 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: