This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored what physical computing is, how it has changed over the years and what it is growing into. It explored the anatomy of physical computing and debated the ethical considerations of physical computing applications. It also explored the creative uses of this technology and followed the careers of people working in the physical computing industry.
2 weeks, 2 hours per week
Professor of Computer Science
- Explain the basic components of physical computing and its real world applications
- Explore the anatomy of physical computing
- Debate the ethical considerations of physical computing applications
- Explore creative applications of physical computing
- Identify how physical computing is used in the workplace and its associated job roles
- Discuss the future of physical computing
The architecture of a physical computing system
The ethics surrounding physical computing
Careers/pathways in physical computing
What the Internet of Things (IoT) is
Issued on 8th August 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: