Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
St George's, University of London and Howdu
This online course explores the practical application of design thinking in health and social care, based on a thorough understanding of the particular challenges of these systems. This course covered topics such as the context for design and health, design models, the four design principles and design in practice.
2 weeks, 4 hours per week
Consultant in Clinical Genetics
St George's, University of London
- Demonstrate methods by which complex problems can be reframed as opportunities
- Apply design thinking as a creative force to drive and foster innovation and change
- Interpret systemic, intractable challenges through the eyes of users (people, patients, staff)
- Explore the use of prototypes to test solutions with minimum cost and risk
- Identify opportunities for using design methods within your own health or social care environment
- Reflect on insights from successful design-led innovation projects in a range of health settings
- Core principles of design thinking (user-centred design, visualisation, iteration and collaboration)
- The design process, from understanding and reframing a problem, through testing and rapid prototyping, to launching a minimum viable product/service and continuous optimisation
- Introduction to key design methods and how to apply them
- Learning and discussion about design thinking as a highly relevant tool for problem solving in healthcare
- Analysis of recent case studies in a range of health and social care settings
- Regular opportunities for discussion of how design methods could be applied in learners’ working environments
Issued on 27th August 2019
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: