Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This online course explored Hispanic culture and film through the work of three iconic Hispanic film directors: Luis Buñuel, Pedro Almodóvar and Guillermo del Toro. Students learned to recognize and interpret cultural and ideological messages in film.
3 weeks, 4 hours per week
Dr. Patricia Hart
Professor of Spanish
- Explain why Almodóvar, Buñuel, and del Toro have achieved prominence
- Describe the mise en scène of a film
- Compare and describe how photography, movement and color are used to make meaning in various films
- Evaluate acting, story, and ideology in a given film
- Recognize and talk about ways the cultures in the films are different from their own.
- Recognize Luis Buñuel and his contributions to film and culture.
- Learn to analyze basic concepts of photography and mise en scène,
- Describe the photography and mise en scène to Buñuel films.
- Recognize Pedro Almodóvar and why he is important.
- Learn to recognize sexual politics, camp, and Kitsch on film & Identify them in the films of Almodóvar
- Recognize Guillermo del Toro and why he is important
- Learn basics about movement and editing
- Be able to analyze films of del Toro through movement and editing
Issued on 17th January 2022
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: