This learner has completed ID verification. Find out more.
Certificate of Achievement
has completed the following course:
This course introduces learners to reflecting on, discussing and practicing the essential attitudes, knowledge and skills of intercultural competence as researched, articulated and defined by The Association of American Colleges & Universities (AAC&U) Intercultural Knowledge and Competence VALUE Rubric.
4 weeks, 3 hours per week
Charles A. Calahan
Director of Global Learning
- Interact with people who are culturally diverse (openness)
- Ask questions of other cultures (curiosity)
- Describe own cultural rules and biases (self-awareness)
- Differentiate complex worldview frameworks (cultural worldview frameworks)
- Discuss differences in forms of communication (verbal and non-verbal communication)
- Recognize the feelings of diverse cultural groups (empathy)
- Basics of intercultural competency
- Importance of intercultural competency
- Openness and cultural diversity
- Curiosity and intercultural relationships
- Self-awareness and behavior with cultural differences
- Worldview frameworks and different cultural backgrounds
- Cultural differences in non-verbal communication
- Skill of non-verbal communication
- Skill of verbal communication between diverse cultures
- Intercultural empathy and outrospection
- Skill of intercultural empathy
Issued on 2nd March 2020
The person named on this certificate has completed the activities in the transcript above. For more information about Certificates of Achievement and the effort required to become eligible, visit futurelearn.com/proof-of-learning/certificate-of-achievement.
This certificate represents proof of learning. It is not a formal qualification, degree, or part of a degree.
Free online course: