- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Improve Your Intercultural Competence
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Develop your intercultural competence and meet global challenges
According to the Intelligence Unit at The Economist, 90% of executives in 68 countries say cross-cultural management is their biggest challenge.
Good intercultural communication and an understanding of cultural differences, is now critical for professionals, especially those part of global networks.
On this course not only will you develop the skills and acquire the knowledge needed to meet the global challenges today’s world presents, you will also learn to succeed in a diverse workplace and appreciate the value of cultural differences.
- Basics of intercultural competency
- Importance of intercultural competency
- Openness and cultural diversity
- Curiosity and intercultural relationships
- Self-awareness and behavior with cultural differences
- Worldview frameworks and different cultural backgrounds
- Cultural differences in non-verbal communication
- Skill of non-verbal communication
- Skill of verbal communication between diverse cultures
- Intercultural empathy and outrospection
- Skill of intercultural empathy
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Interact with people who are culturally diverse (openness)
- Ask questions of other cultures (curiosity)
- Describe own cultural rules and biases (self-awareness)
- Differentiate complex worldview frameworks (cultural worldview frameworks)
- Discuss differences in forms of communication (verbal and non-verbal communication)
- Recognize the feelings of diverse cultural groups (empathy)
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone looking to improve their intercultural competence - you might be a student preparing for the world of work, or a HR worker or corporate trainer, or you could be a professional working marketing. You don’t need any prior experience.
What software or tools do you need?
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: