Explore how predictive models can help businesses use data to identify risks and discover new opportunities.
Weekly study2 hours
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning for Business
Other courses you might like
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Discover how predictive analytics could transform your business
As businesses accrue more and more data about their customers – from their behavioural history to their transactions – being able to use ‘Big Data’ is becoming increasingly key to low-term business success.
On this course, you’ll understand how predictive analytics can be used to get useful information out of your data. You’ll identify how techniques like machine learning and data mining can help you become a data-centred project manager who can solve business problems, and drive revenue.
Learn how predictive analytics helps business
Predictive analytics encompasses a variety of statistical techniques in big data analysis and machine learning.
Alongside data science experts at Sungkyunkwan University (SKKU), you’ll get foundational training in the concepts and principles that underlie data science and statistical modelling techniques.
See how data science can boost business performance
The course will take you through a series of real-world business problems, solving each by using key predictive analytics methods.
These include statistical methodologies and algorithms such as artificial neural networks, clustering, text mining, decision trees, and natural language processing.
Explore the relationship between predictive analysis and machine learning
You’ll discover the essentials of machine learning, which can be a vital tool in analysing and making use of data.
Discover the difference between supervised machine learning – where you can collect data based on previous experience – and unsupervised machine learning – where you can find new data patterns.
Gain practical big data skills
Along the way, you’ll learn how to use predictive tools to extract knowledge from data, connect actual business problems with data science solutions, and lead a data science-orientated team.
What topics will you cover?
- The concept of data-driven decision making
- Supervised learning vs. Unsupervised learning
- Solving customer churning problem using classification techniques
- Identifying the same group of customers using clustering
- Forecasting the real estate price using an artificial neural network
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
Add to Wishlist to be emailed when new dates are announced
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve the knowledge required to become a business manager who will manage data-centered projects and ventures and lead a data science-oriented team.
- Assess the "real-world" business problems with data science solutions.
- Synthesise the general concepts of extracting knowledge from big data using a vast array of methodologies and algorithms.
Who is the course for?
This course would benefit an aspiring manager who wants to align their understanding of business and technical solutions and to lead comprehensive business solutions including data science teams.
What software or tools do you need?
Learners will require access to Microsoft Excel (or Excel Online) to open and edit data sheet files.
Who will you learn with?
Professor Youngju Nielsen worked 15 years at major finance corporations on Wall Street as a trader/portfolio manager. She now teaches at SKK GSB.
Greetings! I am your TA. I’m skilled in R, SQL, Python, and Stata. I’m a PhD Finance student at the Kelley School of Business in the U.S.
Who developed the course?
LocationSeoul, South Korea
World rankingTop 100Source: QS World University Rankings 2021
Learning on FutureLearn
Your learning, your rules
- Courses are split into weeks, activities, and steps to help you keep track of your learning
- Learn through a mix of bite-sized videos, long- and short-form articles, audio, and practical activities
- Stay motivated by using the Progress page to keep track of your step completion and assessment scores
Join a global classroom
- Experience the power of social learning, and get inspired by an international network of learners
- Share ideas with your peers and course educators on every step of the course
- Join the conversation by reading, @ing, liking, bookmarking, and replying to comments from others
Map your progress
- As you work through the course, use notifications and the Progress page to guide your learning
- Whenever you’re ready, mark each step as complete, you’re in control
- Complete 90% of course steps and all of the assessments to earn your certificate
Want to know more about learning on FutureLearn? Using FutureLearn
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLpredictive to talk about this course on social media.