What topics will you cover?
- What is health ? Ancient and modern perspectives on health and disease
- Medicine, religion and magic
- Using online resources
- Vision: theories of sight, approaches to eye disease, including drugs and surgery
- Body modifications
- Diet and digestion
- Human waste: using evidence from toilets and sewers
- Conception and birth: theories and practices
- Ideal bodies and disabled bodies
- The health of the army: recruiting and treating soldiers
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
There are no special requirements for this course, but an interest in the ancient world or classics might be useful.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £49.00
Statement of Participation £24.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLHealthAncientWorld to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course