Trace the history of antisemitism - from antiquity to the present
In this course, 50 leading scholars from all over the world will explore questions and issues relating to antisemitism including: what is antisemitism? How has it changed throughout history? Why can it be found among so many diverse cultures, and even among opposing ideologies? What happened to antisemitism after the Holocaust? How is antisemitism expressed today, and what are the main spheres in which it can be found?
We will examine different periods and societies, exploring the development of antisemitism as well as its changing nature over time, place and culture.
What topics will you cover?
• The nature of hate
• The perception of the “other” in the Greco-Roman world
• The advent of Christianity and its effect on the history of antisemitism
• The Middle Ages and anti-Jewish discourse, libels and violence
• The ideologies and revolutions of the Modern Period and their impact on the development of antisemitism
• Nazi ideology and the Holocaust
• Antisemitism in the Far-right and Far-left
• Holocaust Denial
• Anti-Zionism and antisemitism
• The case of the Islamic and Arab world
• Online hate
Upgrade - $49
Do you know someone who’d love this course? Tell them about it...
You can use the hashtag #FLantisemitism to talk about this course on social media.