Additional guidance: using images in your hinge-point question submission
The FutureLearn peer review assignment tool currently only allows text-based submission. But we all know how often diagrams or images are used in the teaching and assessment of STEM subjects.
If you would like to use a diagram or image in your hinge-point question (HPQ) in the peer review task, you can upload the image to Padlet and then share the link to your Padlet post in your submission. Padlet is like an online pin-board where you can upload your documents. You do not need to register an account to post to Padlet, but please do add your name to anything you post. Guidance on how to use Padlet.
Steps to follow
- Create your HPQ - text and image - hand-drawn, scanned, photographed or using whatever software works best for you.
- Save or export your image in PNG or JPG file format. You can do this in PowerPoint using the Save As… option.
- Go to the HPQ Peer Assessment Padlet.
- Create a new post on the Padlet and click the upload file icon.
- Click away from the post and the post will be saved to the Padlet.
- Hover over your post and click the three dots at the top of the post (as shown below) to open a small menu:
- Select Expand post. Your post will load up bigger.
- Copy the URL (web address) for the post from your browser.
You can now paste that URL into the peer assessment submission point.
© National STEM Learning Centre