Introduction to Data Engineering with Microsoft Azure 1
Gain the skills to pass the DP-203: Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure exam
|This course has been created in partnership with Microsoft.|
Over recent years, the data generated by systems and devices has increased massively.
On this course, you’ll explore the generation, storage, and management of data using various technologies and platforms and prepare to take the DP-203 exam.
Learn the fundamentals of Azure for the data engineer
Data professionals must understand the evolving data landscape and the roles and technologies that have changed with it.
You’ll investigate data platforms, including cloud technologies, and examine a data engineer’s role in helping organizations benefit from technological advances.
Improve data integration using Azure Synapse Analytics
A data engineer’s responsibilities include building and maintaining secure data processing pipelines, and explaining these processes to stakeholders.
Using Azure Data Factory and Azure Synapse Pipeline, you’ll learn to manage data pipelines and build analytical solutions that align with business requirements.
Identify new organizational opportunities using emerging technologies
Using tools such as Apache Spark, you’ll be able to boost the performance of big-data analytic applications, taking your data visualization and analysis skills to the next level.
With a range of exercises aimed to get you comfortable working across Azure’s suite, you’ll finish this course able to optimize, monitor, and manage your data engineering workload, whatever the scale.
By the end of this course, you’ll have gained the introductory knowledge in preparation for the DP 203 exam. By continuing your learning with Introduction to Data Engineering with Microsoft Azure 2, you’ll equip yourself with all the necessary knowledge to pass the exam and progress your career in data engineering.
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore how the world of data has evolved and how the advent of cloud technologies is providing new opportunities for business to explore.
- Explore the basics of storage management in Azure, how to create a Storage Account, and how to choose the right model for the data you want to store in the cloud.
- Create and manage data pipelines in the cloud using Azure Data Factory.
- Perform different types of analytics through Azure Synapse Analytics components.
- Explore the tools and techniques that can be used to work with Modern Data Warehouses productively and securely within Azure Synapse Analytics.
- Perform data engineering with Azure Synapse Apache Spark Pools to boost the performance of big-data analytic applications by in-memory cluster computing.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for data professionals who want to prepare for the DP 203: Data Engineering on Microsoft Azure exam.
Learners should follow this course with Introduction to Data Engineering with Microsoft Azure 2, to ensure they have all the knowledge required to take the DP 203 exam.
It’s recommended that you already have a solid understanding of data processing languages, as well as parallel processing and data architecture patterns before taking the exam.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.