Weekly study10 hours
Big Issues in Secure Development
Critically evaluate existing software.
In this final course, we will investigate topics related to security limitations in the Software Development Life Cycle.
We will also review and reflect on key concepts covered in this program by taking part in some practical exercises.
- Current security concerns in the system development process
- Overview of the key concepts covered in the program
- Preparation for the final assignment
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the current security concerns/issues identified in the different stages of the development lifecycle of a system
- Describe the main testing and formal analysis limitations
- Discuss the opportunities of applying more accurate and cost-effective testing and verification techniques (eg secure by design approach)
Who is the course for?
The course is for MSc Cyber Security students.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.