- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
BIM Implementation within the AEC Industry
Understand key concepts relating to BIM implementation
On this course you will be introduced to BIM implementation. You will examine the benefits of BIM but also the practical nature of BIM implementation and what factors might affect it – such as human behaviour.
You will also explore change management strategies for BIM implementation and effective staff training.
Throughout the course you will focus on real-world cases and learn from the opinions of those working in the Architecture, Engineering and Construction (AEC) industry.
• The concept of BIM processes and the technology necessary for effective BIM delivery
• Stages of BIM implementation
• The principles of human behaviour and its impact on BIM implementation
• Change management strategies for effective BIM integration
• Benefits of BIM for the AEC industry
• Training and learning strategies
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore a curriculum that articulates the current challenges and good practice in construction management
- Explore critical skills needed in BIM which will prepare them to enter a modern digitalised industry
- Develop a detailed understanding of theoretical and practical aspects of strategic management and corporate management processes in the construction industry
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals working in the AEC industry looking to build their understanding of BIM implementation.
What's different about this course?
Since 2017 you have been able to take a degree on FutureLearn. This free course is a bit like a starter course for a degree — it should give you a flavour of the degree subject but can also be your first step towards a degree qualification.
If you enjoy this course you can apply to join the program it’s part of to start working towards a degree on FutureLearn.
Don’t worry, you can still take the course without doing a full degree!
How do degrees work on FutureLearn?
Which program and degree is this course part of?
This course is part of the program Building Information Modelling and Sustainability Practice , which is one of the building blocks that leads to a degree in MSc Construction Management with BIM.