- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology Explained
Consider the strengths and weaknesses of blockchain for business
The sudden rise in the value of Bitcoin (and its subsequent decline) focused the world’s attention on using cryptocurrencies for payment.
Blockchain technology powers Bitcoin and has been hyped as the next new, transformative technology.
On this course, you will uncover the technology that underpins blockchain and review its key concepts, such as decentralization and consensus algorithms.
You will assess and critique blockchain as an asset, and review the dynamics of the cryptocurrency markets. You will also explore the use of blockchain as a business solution.
- Introduction to Fintech
- Introduction to Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
- Blockchain as an Asset
- Blockchain as a Business
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain how blockchain works
- Describe the key technical aspects, such as decentralization and consensus algorithms
- Describe the strengths and weaknesses of cryptocurrency as an asset and a payment mechanism.
- Evaluate the tradeoffs of blockchain as a business solution
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in understanding cutting edge financial technologies.
This course will be of particular interest to learners with a background in finance, development, or business leadership and learning how to develop and use new financial technologies in their own context.
Who developed the course?
As the #1 public research university in the United States, U-M has been a leader in research, learning, and teaching for more than 200 years, with 102 Grad programs in the top 10 — U.S. News & World Report (2019).
- LocationAnn Arbor, Michigan, USA
- World rankingTop 30Source: Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2020
Explore the fintech revolution transforming the financial industry and consider the challenges of disruptive financial technology.