- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
An Introduction to Building Information Modelling
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a process that encourages collaborative working. Why is it important? Why is the industry looking towards BIM and what historical issues does it aim to relieve?
This course will help you develop a better understanding of BIM, the role it plays within the industry, and act as a gateway to further study in construction management and BIM.
What is BIM?
The historical issues in the construction industry which are driving BIM adoption.
A global perspective of BIM.
How can BIM help the AEC industry succeed?
What are the limitations of BIM?
Evaluate key case studies on BIM adoption.
The future of BIM.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Evaluate the historical issues within the construction industry which is driving BIM adoption
- Discuss the requirements for change within the AEC industry
- Debate the findings relating to key industry case studies
- Explore the global drivers which have led to BIM adoption
- Develop a global perspective of what BIM is
- Reflect on the future of BIM
- Summarise an overview of the BIM maturity system
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for construction professionals who want to learn more about BIM. It will appeal to learners who have come from academic and professional backgrounds in construction management, architectural technology, building surveying, quantity surveying, civil engineering and building services.
Please note that the individuals detailed in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below, are current staff members and may be subject to change.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get: