Weekly study3 hours
Career Credentials: Evidence Your Expertise in Communication
This course isn't running right now. We can email you when it starts again, or check out these other courses you might like.
Gain in-demand communication skills for the workplace
Explore the importance of communication in the modern workplace, with this online course from Deakin University.
On this course, you’ll explore a range of critical communication skills and discover how to showcase these to employers.
You’ll also learn about the behaviours, skills and knowledge that exemplify good communication, including practical tips for improving your interpersonal, presentation and writing skills.
By the end of this course, you’ll understand the role of effective communication in jobs today and in the future.
- the role of communication in jobs today and in the future
- the communication skills employers are looking for
- practical tips and strategies for improving your oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- benchmarking your capability in communication against international qualification frameworks
- applying for an internationally recognised, university-level credential in communication.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe communication and its importance in the workplace
- Identify the behaviours, skills and knowledge that exemplify great communication
- Assess your current communication skills against qualifications frameworks
- Collect evidence to demonstrate your capability and/or apply for a communication credential.
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at professionals – with or without a university qualification – with at least three to five years’ work experience. You will be looking to:
- advance your current career
- change your career path or industry
- re-join the workforce after time away from work.
This course may also be of interest if you are a recent graduate or emerging career professional with fewer than three years’ experience and looking to plan your career.
Or you may be a job seeker looking to showcase better your communication skills to employers.