What topics will you cover?
- Reviewing descriptions of psychosis, including main symptoms and causes
- Reviewing psychological and pharmacological treatments, what they aim to achieve, and common medication side effects
- Understanding the physical health needs of people with psychosis, and the challenges to implement and maintain healthy lifestyle options
- Reviewing the subjective experience of caregiving across different groups, implications for their health and strategies to improve their wellbeing
- Dealing with common communication difficulties and illustrating helpful coping strategies.
When would you like to start?
What will you achieve?
Who is the course for?
This course is open to anyone with an interest in psychosis and caregiving issues.
You may be interested in taking the course because:
- you know someone with psychosis, perhaps your child, partner, sibling, parent or friend and are providing support
- you are a professional working in a service or other mental healthcare organisation, with an interest in psychosis and families
- you have an interest in mental health problems.
No previous knowledge of psychosis or experience of caring is required to take the course although some medical terminology is used. There are optional, additional materials for those who want to explore the topics discussed beyond the core material, some of which are academic papers.
The course has been initiated and funded by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Europe Ltd. and H. Lundbeck A/S. Neither Otsuka Pharmaceutical Europe Ltd. nor H. Lundbeck A/S have had any influence on or input into the development of the content or materials for this course.
Buy a personalised, digital and printed certificate and transcript
Certificate of Achievement + transcript £59.00
Statement of Participation £34.00
Charges to your account will be made in GBP. Prices in local currency are provided as a convenience and are only an estimate based on current exchange rates.
Share this course
Use the hashtag #FLpsychosis to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course