- Duration5 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $49
Chronic Respiratory Diseases (CRD) in Primary Care Settings
The course uses real life case studies to explore diagnosis and management of respiratory disease – offering evidence- based guidance and practical tools developed by front line clinicians working in low resource settings. The topic is important because of the huge global burden of respiratory disease as recognised by the World Health Organization (WHO).
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Understand the physical, psychological and social impact of chronic respiratory diseases on the individual, their family and community
- Demonstrate improved skills in the diagnosis and management of asthma, COPD and other chronic respiratory disease in children and adults
- Demonstrate improved skills in communicating and supporting patients with asthma, COPD and other CRDs to live with their condition (often in the context of multi-morbidity)
- Assess how to adapt advice to the local context, taking account of the global variation in access to care and treatment, and workforce
- Assess how to individualise the management in terms of affordability and availability of resources.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for healthcare professionals working in low resource settings who may have an interest in respiratory conditions (including asthma, COPD and other non- communicable respiratory diseases).
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please enable all cookies and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.