- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study4 hours
- 100% onlineTry this course for free
- Extra BenefitsFrom $44
Circular Business Models for Sustainable Urban Food Systems
Explore how circular economy can foster sustainable urban food systems
Please note this course runs without facilitation
In a scenario where the world’s population will reach 9 billion people in 2050, with almost 70% of them concentrated in urban areas and requiring three times more resources than we currently use, the traditional ‘linear economy’ is no longer suitable.
On this course, you’ll discover how to design and build circular food systems for resilient, smart and sustainable cities.
You’ll explore the catalytic role of cities to foster healthy and inclusive food policies, adopting systems thinking, institutional innovation, and participatory approaches in order to fulfill the 2030 SDGs.
When would you like to start?
Start straight away and learn at your own pace. If the course hasn’t started yet you’ll see the future date listed below.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the Circular Economy principles, concepts and measurements in the context of SDGs
- Identify and assess challenges and opportunities when designing Circular Food Systems
- Assess how Urban Food Policies can support urban-rural linkages and guide the transition to Sustainable Urban Food Systems
- Develop and assess Circular Business Models and their role in creating product-service combinations to achieve Food Circularity
- Develop skills and practical tools to disseminate awareness and educate third parties on Urban Food Circularity to foster Sustainable Food Systems
Who is the course for?
This course is primarily designed for policymakers, public institutions, intermediaries, and educators. It would also appeal to anyone with an interest in issues of sustainability and urban food systems.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
for one year
Buy Unlimited and you will get: