Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Data Science Research Methods on Python Programming
Although data scientists often focus on data analysis, they must understand the research process to gain valid insights from this work. This course covers the fundamentals of data research - from developing a good question to designing good data collection strategies that will put your results in context.
Upon completion of the course, you will have a basic understanding of data analysis and inference, and data science research design. You’ll also explore experimental data analysis and modelling.
Understand the data research process
Data is only as good as its source - without this key information, it can be difficult to query the validity or context of your data, or make robust statements as a result of your analysis. This course will help you to understand the research process and grow your knowledge of the planning required for high quality analysis.
Build the confidence to query your data
You’ll build your understanding of the process so that you can properly query your own and external data for more robust analysis. That includes understanding how to partition data, test hypothesis, and use inference.
Apply Python programming knowledge in your labs
In this course, all of the labs are done with Python, while the videos are language-agnostic. By the end, you’ll understand the basics of the research process, you’ll be able to plan for analysis, and you’ll know the basics of correlational and experimental design.
Start a career in data science
Developing practical skills across research methods and Python programming will mean that you have some of the most in-demand skills within data science. Jobs in the industry have grown 37% in the last three years, while salaries have grown 11-14% year on year, making it an excellent area to start or change careers today.
- The Research Process
- Planning for Analysis
- Research claims
- Correlational and Experimental Designs.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Applied data analysis and inference
- Applied data science research design
- Experimented with data analysis and modeling
Who is the course for?
This self-paced course is designed for learners with:
*a basic knowledge of maths *some programming experience – Python is preferred *a willingness to learn through exploration and perseverance
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends