Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: Introduction to Python Programming
Python is the most requested skill in data science job ads today. The demand for these skills grew 435% from 2019, according to Forbes, and is ranked in the top 3 for programming languages by the IEEE Spectrum.
This course provides a thorough introduction to Python - the programming language used by Instagram, IBM, Netflix, and Facebook. You’ll build knowledge specific to data science applications, then dive into the world of data visualisation.
Start with the basics of Python programming
You’ll learn basic arithmetic and variables and basic syntax, and how to create and manipulate regular Python lists.
You’ll discover how to build and handle data structures such as Python lists, NumPy arrays and Pandas DataFrame, and perform interesting calculations. You’ll also be introduced to Python functions and control flow.
Build meaningful data visualisations
Learn how to create stunning data visualisations with Python. You’ll learn how to create and customise plots on real data, and create presentations based on your own data. This is the next key step to getting buy-in on your data analysis by ensuring that you can communicate it to a diverse audience.
By the end of the course, you’ll be better equipped to start a career in Python programming - ready to offer employers the most in-demand skill in data science.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore Python language fundamentals, including basic syntax, variables, and types
- Create and manipulate regular Python lists
- Use functions and import packages
- Build Numpy arrays, and perform interesting calculations
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for students and professionals who aim to start their careers in Python programming.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends