- Duration3 weeks
- Weekly study6 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 3 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Applied Artificial Intelligence: Natural Language Processing
This course is part of the Advanced and Applied AI on Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack, helping you develop AI and machine learning skills and prepare you for the relevant Microsoft microcredentials.
Have you ever asked Siri a question? Or told Alexa to play a song? If so, you’ve experienced the most powerful and advanced examples of Natural Language Processing (NLP) that exist today.
NLP is fast becoming a part of our day-to-day lives and is a crucial component of AI. In this course, you’ll get an understanding of the core problems in NLP and learn how to solve critical NLP tasks.
Discover Natural Language Processing (NLP)
Natural language processing (NLP) is a field of artificial intelligence (AI) machine learning and computational linguistics.
During the course, you’ll learn how NLP is one of the most important technologies of the Information Age. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of this aspect of AI by delving into its sub areas including; natural language understanding, machine translation, semantics, and syntactic passing as well as natural language emulation and dialectal systems.
Understand vision and language joint learning
You’ll also be introduced to vision and language joint learning and inference problems to learn more about the issues of NLP.
As well as this, you’ll cover multimodal intelligence tasks and learn how to apply deep learning models on image captioning and visual question answering.
Apply deep learning models to solve NLP problems
By the end of the course, you will understand that NLP, though extremely powerful, also comes with many problems.
You’ll learn how to apply deep learning models to solve problems such as machine translation and conversation as well as applying deep reinforcement learning models on natural language applications.
- Introduction to NLP and Deep Learning provides an overview of Natural Language Processing using classic machine learning methods and cutting-edge deep learning methods.
- Neural models for machine translation and conversation gives an introduction to Statistical Machine Translation and neural models for translation and conversation.
- Deep Semantic Similarity Models (DSSM) gives an introduction to Deep Semantic Similarity Model (DSSM) and its applications.
- Natural Language Understanding gives an introduction to methods applied in Natural Language Understanding, such as continuous word representations and neural knowledge base embedding.
- Deep reinforcement learning in NLP gives an introduction to deep reinforcement learning techniques applied in NLP.
- Vision-Language Multimodal Intelligence gives an introduction to neural models applied in Image captioning and visual question answering.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply deep learning models to solve machine translation and conversation problems.
- Apply deep structured semantic models on information retrieval and natural language applications.
- Apply deep reinforcement learning models on natural language applications.
- Apply deep learning models on image captioning and visual question answering.
Who is the course for?
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to become familiar with this emerging domain of artificial intelligence (AI), including data scientists, analytics managers, data analysts, data engineers, and data architects.
Natural Language Processing plays a critical role in supporting machine-human interactions. It is becoming increasingly integral to most areas of AI and advanced cloud based system development.