- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Applied Artificial Intelligence: Computer Vision and Image Analysis
This course is part of the Advanced and Applied AI on Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack, helping you develop AI and machine learning skills and prepare you for the relevant Microsoft microcredentials.
When we look at an image, we are able to pick out meaning based on what we see. When computers are presented with an image, it will usually see nothing unless we use computer vision, a way to extract information and understand the visual world.
During this course, you’ll learn all about Image Analysis techniques and why computer vision is important in AI. You’ll explore classical Image Analysis techniques such as Edge Detection, Watershed and Distance Transformation, as well as K-means clustering to increase your knowledge on this AI component.
Explore the evolution of image analysis
You’ll learn the evolution of Image Analysis to understand the background of this field of AI.
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to compare classical and deep learning object classification techniques and apply them to modern AI technologies.
Segment images using OpenCV and Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit
You’ll gain hands-on experience using OpenCV and the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit to segment images into meaningful parts and further strengthen your knowledge of computer vision.
In OpenCV, you’ll learn how to implement classic Image Analysis algorithms and you’ll also understand how to train a model to perform Semantic Segmentation using Transfer Learning and Microsoft ResNet. These are transferable skills you will use time and time again when dealing with computer vision in AI.
- Current image segmentation techniques
- Image features and classical segmentation techniques
- Object classification and detection
- Deep image segmentation
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Apply classical Image Analysis techniques, such as Edge Detection, Watershed and Distance Transformation as well as K-means Clustering to segment a basic dataset.
- Implement classical Image Analysis algorithms using the OpenCV library.
- Compare classical and Deep-Learning object classification techniques.
- Apply Microsoft ResNet, a deep Convolutional Neural Network (CNN) to object classification using the Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit.
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in computer vision, with an understanding of the basics of image processing.