Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 4
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Applied Artificial Intelligence: Speech Recognition Systems
This course is part of the Advanced and Applied AI on Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack, helping you develop AI and machine learning skills and prepare you for the relevant Microsoft microcredentials.
This course will teach you the fundamentals of the components of a modern Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) system. You’ll then put this knowledge into practice by building your own speech recognition system almost entirely out of Python code, a powerful tool used across AI and data science practices.
Delve into Automatic Speech Recognition
When a human speaks a word, they cause their voice to make time-varying patterns of sounds, and waves of pressure that spread through the air.
During this course, you’ll understand how these sounds are captured by a sensor, turned into a sequence of numbers and how an automatic speech recognition system converts this into a textural representation of what was said.
You’ll delve into the components of ASR as well as the fundamental theory and background of speech recognition.
Build your own speech recognition system
You’ll identify the different models and problems when designing Speech Recognition Systems as you build your own. This hands-on approach will help you identify the different components of speech decoding and demonstrate your knowledge and understanding of techniques such as Advanced Acoustic Modelling.
During each lab, you’ll build a different functioning block of the system and by the end of the course, you will have built a speech recognition system almost entirely out of Python code, a powerful tool that you can use across your data science practices.
- Understand the fundamental theory of Speech Recognition
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the background of Speech Recognition
- Identify the different models and problems when designing Speech Recognition Systems
- Demonstrate knowledge of Deep Neural Network Acoustic Models
- Understand the vocabulary in Language Modelling
- Identify the different components of Speech Decoding
- Demonstrate an understanding of the techniques of Advanced Acoustic Modelling
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Fundamentals of Speech Recognition
- Basic Signal Processing for Speech Recognition
- Acoustic Modelling and Labeling
- Common Algorithms for Language Modelling
- Decoding Acoustic Features into Speech
Who is the course for?
This course is aimed at anyone with an understanding of data analysis who has created models using machine learning. Individuals who will benefit from this course include:
- Data Analysts
- Machine Learning Engineers
- Deep Learning Engineers
- Many more professionals involved in the development of AI-based technologies.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends