Weekly study2 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 3
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cognitive Psychology: Employee and Customer Behaviour
Explore the psychological factors that influence behaviour
This three-week course will help you explore the role of the subconscious and emotions in decision-making and strategies for capturing the attention of your customers.
With this knowledge, you’ll be empowered to not only attract the customers you want, but understand, anticipate, and meet their needs completely.
Understand priming as an influencing tactic
Exploring priming in psychology, you’ll learn to identify a prime and distinguish it from an influence that people are consciously aware of.
You’ll discuss examples from everyday life as well as examining a number of studies showing priming effects. With this knowledge, you’ll start to think about how you could design your own prime.
Explore the SALIENT checklist and anchoring
With an understanding of primes, you’ll then explore how to use a wide range of them using the SALIENT checklist.
You’ll discuss the role of salience in decision-making and the components of salient messages before examining the role of anchoring and peak-end evaluation.
This knowledge will help you explore how to apply concepts to your organisation.
Understand what affects behaviour change
Exploring the role emotions play in decision-making, you’ll debate the relationship between rational behaviour and emotions.
By the end of this course, you’ll have examined the ways you can change behaviour and also critically evaluate whether it’s right to do so.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what a prime is and distinguish it from an influence.
- Discuss a number of studies which have shown priming effects.
- Discuss a wide range of primes using the SALIENT checklist.
- Apply primes to change behaviour.
- Explore components of salient messages.
- Investigate the role of anchoring and peak-end evaluation, and ways to apply them in your organisation.
- Debate the relationship between rational behaviour and emotions.
- Explore the neuroscience of affect.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone wanting to better understand customer needs and motivations.
It will be particularly useful if you are a team manager.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends
Get a taste of this course
Find out what this course is like by previewing some of the course steps before you join: