- Duration6 weeks
- Weekly study2 hours
- 100% onlineLearn at your own pace
- Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Collaborative Coding with Git
Gain an in-depth introduction to remote collaboration with Git
Git is an enormously powerful and flexible version control system used by over 90% of developers.
On this course, you’ll discover ways to visualise and explore a project’s history through Git repositories. These skills will allow you to quickly adapt to a new collaborative environment, especially when working with Git remotely.
Collaborate on Git projects of any scale while maintaining high code quality
Led by experts at the University of Manchester, you’ll learn techniques like code review to ensure safe code changes, maintain high-quality code, and keep consistent coding styles across large teams.
By exploring Git as a quality assurance tool, you’ll discover how to use it to facilitate team learning, and further improve your collaboration, workflows, and code quality.
Build your understanding of Git commands and the system structure to easily solve issues in Git
This course will expand your knowledge of the underlying structure that powers Git, which will allow you to more easily solve problems when something goes wrong.
By building a solid understanding of how to use Git in collaboration with a team, you’ll discover how to benefit most from its features and improve overall code quality.
Explore Git’s capabilities with leading software engineers
This practical Git course has been developed by The University of Manchester, who have a long-established history of teaching software engineering and conducting research into the field.
|Professional software engineers and consultants will guide you through the course to help you discover how you can make Git work best for you and your team.|
[Git Logo by Jason Long. Licensed under the CC Attribution 3.0 Unported License.]
- Visualising and exploring a project’s history using Git.
- Using Git to manage safe and effective project changes.
- Working collaboratively with colleagues on projects.
- Git as a Quality Assurance tool and as a facilitator for team learning.
- Making Git work for you and your team using Git Workflows.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Produce and maintain your own Git repository which can be used privately or shared with an unlimited number of collaborators.
- Assess the current state of a project when you join a new team and quickly orientate yourself with the codebase using Git.
- Contribute to software development projects safely, professionally and following practices which are common within industry.
- Collaborate within teams of various sizes on a single software project using methods such as code review to ensure safe code changes, maintain high code quality, maintain consistent coding styles and facilitate intra-team knowledge transfer.
- Demonstrate your understanding, not just of Git commands, but of the underlying structure which powers Git in order to solve problems when things go wrong.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone involved in software development projects looking to improve code quality and collaboration using Git. You might also be interested if you wish to contribute to mainstream open-source projects.
A basic knowledge of using Git is required for this course.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.