- Duration4 weeks
- Weekly study5 hours
- Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 4 of 4
- Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Microsoft Future Ready: How To Run Containers In A DevOps Production Environment
Learn how to run containers using Azure Container Service and Azure Service Fabric
Containers can run on your local machine but if you run them in production, it unlocks a powerful and consistent way of bringing software to production.
These production environment containers run on a set of machines managed by cluster orchestration. During this four-week course, you’ll learn how to create, deploy and configure your containerised applications on Microsoft Azure using Azure Container Service (ACS) and Azure Service Fabric (ASF).
Understand how to manage your container cluster with VSTS
This course will show you how to manage and operate your container cluster. You’ll learn how to configure the cluster and how to manage them so that you have constant insights into how your application is doing in production. With this knowledge, you’ll learn how you can scale up and down based on demand, and deploy containers without downtime, minimising disruption.
You will gain a solid understanding of continuous delivery infrastructure like Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) as you use it to deploy your containers in a cluster.
Delve into DevOps practices and how you can manage clusters and containers
By the end of the course, you will understand how a cluster works, how to set it up, and how you can manage your DevOps production environments, including proactive monitoring.
You will be able to carry out useful processes such as setting up a production cluster to host containers and deploy containerised applications to different orchestrators.
This course is part of DevOps with Microsoft Azure ExpertTrack where you’ll learn the core values and principles of DevOps and how to put these into practice.
- Create container images
- Manage multiple containers using tools such as Docker
- Set up a production cluster to host containers
- Deploy containerised applications to different orchestrators that are available in Azure Container Service (ACS), such as DC/OS, Docker Swarm and Kubernetes
- Scale up the clusters, manage data and set up monitoring to proactively keep track of a cluster’s health and its deployed applications
- Create, monitor and manage a Microsoft Azure Service Fabric cluster
- Better manage and maintain Azure-hosted clusters and containers
- Deploy containerised applications to one of the available cluster container solutions, by using continuous delivery pipelines
- Manage clusters in production scenarios.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Create a shareable certificate link for your CV and LinkedIn.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Share your certificate
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Managed multiple containers using tools like Docker
- Deployed containerized applications to different orchestrators that are available in Azure Container Service (ACS) i.e. DC/OS, Docker swarm and Kubernetes
- Managed and maintained Azure hosted clusters and containers in a better way.
- Identified how to scale up the clusters, manage data and set up monitoring to proactively keep track of the clusters health and its deployed applications
Who is the course for?
This course is best suited for developers working in an organisation delivering software.
This will also suit IT pros who have some knowledge and experience working with cloud-based solutions and Microsoft Azure, and are looking to expand their skills.