Weekly study5 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Extra BenefitsFrom $79
Consumer and Environmental Safety: Food Packaging and Kitchenware
Learn how some kitchenware can affect your health
Food safety is highly regulated. Yet, one blind spot is the migration of molecules from contact materials in kitchenware into food. Particular attention needs to be placed on chemicals present at low doses but acting on the endocrine system over a long time.
On this course, you’ll learn about these endocrine disrupters and their potential impact on human health and the environment.
You’ll evaluate how chemicals can migrate from packaging and slowly affect our endocrine health, and how tests can check for safety. Ultimately, you’ll better understand how we can improve food safety in general.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Reflect on the importance of safe food packaging and kitchenware in your daily life and choices
- Evaluate how chemicals can migrate from packaging and slowly affect our endocrine health
- Assess how chemical and biological tests are done and evaluate their importance for safety
- Describe the professional roles of all stakeholders in the business of food safety in general
- Discuss the topics of the course with increased knowledge and contribute to global awareness
- Interpret information and news with increased critical sense, especially when dealing with consumers’ health and protection
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone interested in potential health risks derived from food packaging and kitchenware, and in particular from chemicals migrating from packaging into food and drink.
This could include healthcare workers, parents, pregnant women, and anyone with an interest in health and food safety.
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.