Weekly study4 hours
100% onlineLearn at your own pace
Revolutionising the Food Chain with Technology
Discover how innovative technologies could revolutionise the food sector
Please note that this course runs without facilitation. A Spanish version of the course can be found here.
Food quality and safety is increasingly under threat as natural resources are stretched by climate change, hunger, and explosive population growth.
On this course, you’ll learn how the food sector can respond to these challenges by adopting innovative tech. You’ll discover how data-enabled technologies are becoming more accessible and affordable, driving a revolution in how the food business operates.
You’ll identify how these innovations can make the food chain and food systems more efficient and productive, allowing them to contribute to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess the issues in transitioning to a digitalised food system – economic, environmental, technical, political, welfare and market factors
- Identify the issues related to a sustainable and innovative food system which delivers the dietary needs of a rising population in a safe, sustainable and responsible way
- Explore the different technologies which can transform the food sector
- Develop an appreciation of the economic, environmental and health benefits which digital technology can offer the food system
- Lead and power learners to become innovative and make the food sector the forefront of innovation
Who is the course for?
Everyone is welcome to join for general interest purposes.
This course would particularly appeal to professionals working in the agri-food sector, and entrepreneurs and enterprises looking to transform the food sector with technological advancements and new trends.
The Educators won’t be able to join the discussions themselves or respond to individual comments, but the course encourages a strong learning community. The learning is focused around debate and discussion – supporting other learners, sharing your own experience and knowledge, and listening to new perspectives. We hope that you will enjoy interacting with and learning from each other in this way.
Endorsers and supporters
Learner reviews cannot be loaded due to your cookie settings. Please and refresh the page to view this content.
Do you know someone who'd love this course? Tell them about it...
Learners who joined this course have also enjoyed these courses.