Weekly study5 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 2 of 2
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Contemporary Chinese I: 1.2
Take your basic Chinese to the next level
On this four-week course from Chinese Plus, you will continue to build the foundations of Chinese, while enhancing your learning by exploring Chinese culture and society.
Learn how to describe someone’s appearance in Chinese
Descriptions are key to painting a picture through conversation, and discovering how to describe people and objects will improve your experience of the Chinese language.
You’ll build on your existing knowledge of basic Chinese to learn how to describe someone’s appearance. You’ll then discover and demonstrate how to use certain words to express abilities, wills, and permission, before moving on to discuss holiday plans.
Explore expressions of time and location
Knowing how to ask for directions in the native language is an extremely important skill when traveling to another country. But it is also the foundation for understanding location and place.
This course will guide you through how to ask for and give directions, as well as expressions for key locations such as the subway. You’ll also learn how to express time correctly and fluently, helping you to make arrangements using calendar time.
Demonstrate your new skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking in Mandarin
It’s vital when learning a new language to practice at every opportunity.
Throughout this course, you’ll not only learn through engaging videos and articles but you’ll also be given interactive activities to help you understand and remember language points and cultural knowledge. Plus, by learning with other students, you’ll have the opportunity to discuss the language and practice with others as you progress.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explore the basics of the Chinese language system
- Identify key categories of vocabulary
- Practice asking and answering conversational questions
- Produce basic grammar and sentence structures for simple communication
- Explore aspects of Chinese culture
- Develop general knowledge of China
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in learning Chinese, no matter what your previous learning experience was. It lays the groundwork for the Chinese language, making it ideal for a beginner.
Who developed the course?
Chinese Plus lends support to domestic and foreign educational institutions, social organizations, and enterprises to take part in Online Chinese Class and set up localized platforms to conduct remote online Chinese education. It offers an all-in-one service package that includes online “teaching, learning, testing, and researching” as well as Chinese-centered online preparatory courses and “Chinese + vocational education” courses, among other services.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends