- Duration2 weeks
- Weekly study3 hours
Cyber Security in the Software Development Life Cycle
Learn how to safeguard your software systems and help prevent cyber crime
Cyber attacks can pose a major threat to any digital business. Addressing the need for system security during the software development life cycle should be a top priority for any organisation.
During this course, you will discover the importance of secure system design and how a security-first mindset can improve the software development process. You will also discuss the legal and ethical implications of the software development process.
- An introduction to system security and the software development life cycle
- Legal and ethical consideration in system development
When would you like to start?
Date to be announced
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the history of system development and security
- Describe the basic security primitives and methods
- Identify different cases of security breaks/issues on different systems (eg policy break, attacks, etc)
- Evaluate legal and ethical considerations related to the design and development of secure systems
Who is the course for?
This course is for people who want to increase their understanding of the security practices and legislation involved in the software development life cycle.