Weekly study3 hours
Included in an ExpertTrackCourse 1 of 5
Get full ExpertTrack access$39/month
Cyber Security Incident Response for Managers
Learn how to counteract cyber security threats within your business
One of the highest threats an organisation can face is a cyber security incident. As well as the direct damage caused by a hacker or malicious software, businesses may face severe criticism or sanctions from regulatory bodies and serious reputational damage as a result.
This practical, three-week course will introduce you to the potential cyber security threats you could face and will help you to identify incident frameworks to use to counteract these threats.
Discover the types of cyber threats your organisation may encounter
You’ll explore the kinds of cyber threats that businesses and organisations may face, such as computer viruses, data breaches, and Denial of Service (DoS) attacks.
These are threats that ultimately seek to damage data, steal data, or disrupt digital life in general.
You’ll then gain an insight into how to report these incidents, and to whom, including appropriate legal and regulatory authorities.
Identify cyber security incident response frameworks
You’ll explore a wide array of cyber security incident frameworks used to help reduce the harm and impact caused by incidents, and to deter future attacks.
You’ll also gain an understanding of the legal and regulatory implications of a cyber security incident response.
Learn from a cyber security expert at PA Consulting
Throughout the course, you’ll be under the guidance of Jim Metcalfe, a cyber security incident responder at PA Consulting who has assisted many organisations on their response to cyber security incidents.
Highlight the new, job-relevant skills you’ve gained and supplement existing qualifications with a hard-earned, industry-specific digital certificate – plus one for every course within your ExpertTrack.
- Learn the latest in your chosen industry or subject.
- Complete each course and pass assessments.
- Receive certificates validated by the educating organisation.
- Impress employers with learning outcomes you can add to your CV.
- Make your career dreams a reality.
Download a PDF
Learning on this course
On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Explain the legal and regulatory implications on the cyber security incident response cycle.
- Identify the threats that organisations face.
- Report to the appropriate legal and regulatory authorities.
- Explore cyber security incident frameworks.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in cyber security.
You may be at the start of your career or already in a role that requires an understanding of the cyber security incident response process.
- Pay $39 per month to keep learning online
- Have complete control over your subscription; you can cancel any time
- Work at your own pace and set your own deadlines at every stage
- Only pay while you’re learning; the subscription will cancel automatically when you finish
- Complete online assessments to test your knowledge and prove your skills
- Earn digital course certificates and a final award that you can share online, with potential employers, and your professional network
- Keep access to the content of courses you complete even after your subscription ends