Learn how to become a pro at using Microsoft Excel’s key formulas
Excel is one of the most widely used business applications in the world.
But while there are thousands of Excel courses, this is the world’s first data-backed course which narrows training down to the specific functions and features that the majority of people will need.
Identify the right Excel formulas to improve your efficiency
Using Excel is a vital skill that will enable you to become more efficient and productive in your current role, learn new skills to facilitate promotion or to move job roles, and increase your chances of getting a first job that requires using Excel.
This course will show you which Excel functions and formulae are appropriate to perform mathematical functions, clean and interpret data, and answer business questions. You’ll then learn how to calculate mathematical functions including averages, counts, totals and sums.
Produce a range of Excel spreadsheets, interactive dashboards, models, and PivotTables
You’ll then apply numerical and visual formatting to spreadsheets to produce clean and comprehensible workbooks, and will produce a range of Excel spreadsheets, interactive dashboards, models, and PivotTables that are applicable across many business functions.
Finally, you’ll apply Excel formulae to data sets to interpret, clean and analyse data, specifically to draw conclusions and insights from datasets, and will improve decision making, thinking efficiency and problem solving in Excel.
Learn from Excel and data experts from Filtered Technologies
Throughout the duration of the course, you’ll be learning from experts at Filtered Technologies, a company that have been designing and delivering Excel courses for over 10 years.
They’ve taught over a million individual learners, with research printed in the Harvard Business Review.
The course covers the fundamental skills, tools and functions to be competent at analysing data in Excel. Including:
- Excel functions
- Excel formulae
- PivotTables, conditional formatting, timelines, and slicers
- Spreadsheet management/efficiency
- Excel shortcuts/commands
- Thinking like a data analyst
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Produce a range of spreadsheets, including a cleaned data set, PivotTables, PivotCharts
- Apply Excel formulae - such as concatenate, trim, and proper - to data sets to clean and analyse data
- Calculate mathematical functions including averages, counts and sums
- Identify which Excel functions and formulae are appropriate to perform mathematical functions, clean and interpret data, and answer business questions
- Improve decision making, thinking efficiency and problem solving in Excel
- Apply numerical and visual formatting, including conditional formatting, slicers and timelines, to spreadsheets to produce clean and comprehensible workbooks
- Improve spreadsheet efficiency and maintenance with shortcuts, navigation commands, and design principles
Who is the course for?
The primary audience for this course are the vast majority of knowledge workers who use Excel every week but could easily do so more effectively, faster and with more confidence.
This includes professional knowledge workers, university students and recent graduates, in-career professionals who want to upskill, and those returning to work.
Who developed the course?
Filtered is a digital education company on a mission to enhance productivity and career success through intelligent, personalised, data-backed, learning experiences. In our platforms we use patented algorithms to prioritise and tailor content for individual learners. Over 10 years we’ve taught more than a million learners across hundreds of businesses, collecting millions of data points on content relevance and usefulness that we use to discern what’s necessary to learn in Excel.
This is a premium course. These courses are designed for professionals from specific industries looking to learn with a smaller group of like-minded individuals.